Hello Everyone 🙂
Today, I was thinking to try and prepare something like a burger with iceberg salad, I have seen this in a few places and wanted to try to prepare it myself. I ended up with something more like a lettuce sandwich rather than a burger but still delicious 😋
Servings: 1 Time to prepare: 15- 30 min (depending if you prepare the pattie burgers or you buy them)
- 7- 8 leaves iceberg salad or big leaves salad
- 1 tuna patties
- 1 tomato
- 1 slice of gouda/ cheddar cheese
- ring slice onion
- mayo or burger sauce
- Prepare the patties – you can try my recipe for tuna patties or buy them already prepared.
- When you are preparing the burger patties, right before taking them out of the cooking top, place a slice of the cheese ( gouda or cheddar).
- Cut the lettuce head into half and use 3- 4 medium leaves from one half for the bottom of the sandwiches and another 3-4 for the top. The leaves used, should be a little bit bigger than the patties but not too big.
- If you want to put sauce, place it before you put the patties over the lettuce. You can try my vegan mayo 🙂
- Place the patties over the salad leaves.
- A few slices of tomato.
- If you want you can add some extra ingredients, but remember the sandwich is quite fragile and is better with just a few 🙂
- Place the other salad leaves on the top.
- Slightly press before cutting the sandwich in half.
- Have a bite or more 🙂