Happy Sunday 🙂
A couple of months ago, I saw vegan mayo while shopping and remembered that my mum used to make us homemade and mayo. I was thinking to try to cook it myself for a while, and finally, this weekend, I did 🙂 It is a perfect time as the holidays are coming and you can use it for different salads.
Total time: 5-7 min Servings: 240 ml
- 240 mil oil ( you can use any you have, I did with rapseed oil and it was totatly fine)
- 120 ml unsweetened soy milk
- pinch salt
- 3 tsp. lime juice ( you can replace it with lemon , I like the lime tatste better)
- Place the ingredients in a deep enough container- first oil, milk, lime juice, and the rest.
- Place the hand pastor/blender at the bottom of the container and start mixing while holding it on the bottom for a couple of seconds until the mixture begins to emulsify.
- Slowly start to move the blender up and down until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place in an airtight jar and keep in the fridge.
- garlic powder or onion powder
The rapeseed oil gave it quite a yellow color 🙂 Next time, I will try a different type of milk and experiment with proportions, but it turned out pretty good for the first time, making homemade mayonnaise.
So far, I have used it for a base on a sandwich or potatoes salad.