Last year I started preparing my own granola- I just wanted something with more nuts and not so much of oats 🙂 As well I always have This products in the cupboard so worth testing if I can make my own.
Servings: 12 Time To prepare: 5 min Time to bake: 25 Min
- 200 gr oats
- 200 gr mixed nuts ( you can use any)
- 100 gr raisins
- 3 tbs. pumpkin speeds
- 3 tbs. flax seeds
- 1 tbs. Chia seeds
- 50 gr coconut oil
- 2 tbs. organic honey
- 1 or 2 tbs. protein powder
- Preheat the oven to 200 °.
- To a large bow add the oats, nuts, seeds and protein powder.
- Microwave for abt 20 sec the coconut oil, so is more liquid.
- Add the oil and the honey to the mix
- Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Spread the granola evenly well on a baking sheet of paper in a tray.
- Bake in a center rack of the oven for about 25 minutes on 180 ° degree. Stop two or three times to stir the granola to prevent burning and ensure it is cooking evenly.
- When is lightly golden, remove from the oven and let it cool on the baking tray.
- When is fully cooled, transfer to glass jar container or any airtight container.
- Add yogurt or milk and you have a tasty breakfast or afternoon snack 🙂
Even if you dont follow this or other recipe I feel you can make your own – with what you have in your pantry.