A few days ago my mum told me about this soup and I decided to try it with a small spin- I made it creme soup- always changing something 🙂 I was surprised by how quick and tasty is, well Mumma’s recipes are always delicious 😉
When she told me the soup she said just veggies, but in my mind was a yellow color so I named it after the colour 🙂
Servings:3 Time to prepare 5-7 min; Time to cook 15- 20 min
- 350-400 young potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small carrot
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 20-25 gr fresh ginger ( 1 tsp chopped)
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. yogurt or sour cream
- dry or fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp lemon or yoghurt
- Chop the veggies- garlic, onion, bell pepper, potatoes, carrot, ginger.
- In a medium top heat the olive oil for 2- 3 min and add the garlic and the onion.
- When the onion starts changing its colour add the potatoes and carrot and mix from time to time to prevent sticking at the bottom.
- After another 3- 4 minutes add the pepper and mix well. Leave for another 3 minutes.
- Add the water, mix well and leave for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- About 2 minutes before taking off the heat add the chopped ginger.
- Remove from the heat aside.
- With hand-blender cream the mixture.
- Add all spices.
- Add parsley – if you prefer you can add just later when serving.
- Garnish with yoghurt or fresh lemon juice.
- Serve with a slice of bread or crackers 🙂
The oats bread on the blog can be a great addition to this recipe 🙂