Another recipe experiment 😉 I love oats and use them for cooking different meals. This oat “bread” comes accidentally as one day I wanted bread but on the more healthy side so decided to try to cook something with oats, and since then I have tried different ways, but think this one works the best. It is a very simple and easy recipe, and usually, you always have these ingredients lying around.
Time to Prepare 5 min Time to Cook 40 -50 min Portions 12-15
- 3 eggs
- 3 spoons of yoghurt
- 1 tea spoon soda
- 120 ml milk
- 250 gr oats
- olive oil to grease the baking form
- Wisk the eggs in a bow.
- In a small bowl or a cup, activate the soda when you mix with the yoghurt, and after that, add it to the eggs mixture.
- Add the fresh milk and mix well.
- Add the oats and mix well.
- In greased baking form, add the mixture and put in preheated oven for about 60 minutes. I use the toothpick test to determine if it is ready or not. If there is still mixture on the toothpick when pulled out, leave it for another 5- 10 minutes.
- It smells so lovely, and reminds me of a soda bread.
- It is perfect for sandwiches or afternoon snacks.
A second variant is to add parmesan cheese on the top; I have tried it but had just a little bit.