Hello Everyone 🙂
Today will share a recipe with mushrooms -I like adding them to sandwiches, salads and just grilled. A couple of winters ago, I experimented with adding them to a cabbage stew, and it was delicious. I shared this recipe with my mum, and since then, she often adds mushrooms, well maybe not so much as I do 🙂
Looking at what to cook this weekend, I decided to try the mushrooms -cabbage combination again, and as I had some beetroot left, I added them to the mix. I have tried this recipe with fresh and sour cabbage and love both recipes 🙂
Servings: 5 Total time: 40 min
- 1kg cabbage or one small
- 700 gr mushrooms
- 2 medium beetroots
- 200 gr onion or 1 meduim sized
- 200-300 ml water
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Cut the cabbage into small pieces
- Cut all other veggies -onion, mushrooms, beetroot. ( I used already boiled beetroot, but you can use raw one if you prefer)
- In a preheated cooking top with the olive oil, place the onion and leave for 2-3 minutes until changes its colour.
- Add the cabbage and mix well with the onion. Keep mixing from time to time until the cabbage starts to change its colour -this is for about 7 -10 minutes.
- After the cabbage had changed its colours and became soft, add the mushrooms and the beetroot. Mix well.
- Add the water and leave for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the water had evaporated and the cabbage had cooked entirely, add the spices.
- Remove from the top and cool for a few minutes before serving.