Last week I wanted to cook a soup I did a while ago, but I forgot where did I write the recipe, so I tried to cook it by memory and record it here 🙂 but this time added croutons.
Portion 4-5 Total time 40min
- 2 piece of leeks
- 1 medium onion
- 450-500 gr potatoes
- 3-4 medium carrots
- 5-6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black paper
- 1 1/2 liter water
- 3 slice of bread
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of basil
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Cut the leak – all parts the white and green. You can cut them into big pieces as everything will be made to the creme soup.
- Piel the carrots and potatoes and cut them into pieces and cut the onion.
- In a deep saucepan, place the oil and wait for 2 to 3 min before adding the onion and leeks; stir a few times the leek-onion mixture.
- After the mixture had changed colour, add the rest of the veggies and stir them a few times.
- Keep on the oven for 5 min and add the water.
- Leave for 15- 20 min on medium heat -or until the potatoes are fully boiled.
- Take aside to cool down for a few minutes.
- Use a kitchen processor to blend until silky smooth.
- Add the salt, black pepper and any other spices you would like to add.
Note this is how I cook them, not sure if this is a proper way, but they were delicious; I even had the leftovers like a snack. 🙂
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- Add them to preheated pan and sprinkle the olive oil.
- Leva for a couple of minutes and strir them so they can bake from all sides.
- After about 5 minutes, add the spices and mix well.
- Leave for another 3 minutes.
Serve the soup with the croutons and enjoy 🙂