As I started working full time and mainly in the office, I decided to join a gym and change a bit my previous routines. As such I started prepping my meals or organizing them more often. I love snacks and to avoid buying something unhealthy or sweet decided to try protein bars. I have tried different versions previously but never wrote the recipe:) till now.
Like always quick, tasty, and healthy 🙂
Servings: 8- 10; Time to prepare 10-15 min
- 150gr Oats
- 2 tbsp. Peanut butter
- 1 tsp. Flax seeds
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Collagen Powder
- 1 tbsp. Pea Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp. Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Bee Polen
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Oil ( melted)
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the peanut butter and start mixing with a spoon until you receive bread crumbles.
- Add melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Spread the mixture over baking paper in a tray. ( I used foil, but highly recommend paper, as the foil broke from one side, when I formed the mixture).
- Form a firm square with your hands.
- Leave in the fridge for an hour to harden.
- Pull out the dough from the fridge and cut equal squares/rectangle pieces.
! One of my ends wasn’t very well formed and one of the bars was a little bit more in small pieces, but I used in my morning granola with yoghurt 🙂
The texture is a bit dry so I will keep experimenting, but I really like this one, as is rich in proteins, and omega 3, low in sugar, and has healthy fats.