Yesterday, I tried a quinoa bowl -it was on my list of recipes to try :). I usually prepare quinoa on a salad or boil a batch for the week, but this time decided to try something different.
I had a bit different idea for the ingredients, but yesterday, for some reason, my e-wallet wasn’t working in the shops twice, and I did forget my card at home, so I ended up cooking with what I had at home. Well, usually, this is what happens, but this time I wanted to be more prepared.
In general, you can add what you want to the meal, which makes the quinoa bowls the perfect meal when/if you are making weekly prep.
Servings: 2 Time 20 min
- 250 gr boiled quinoa
- 3 eggs
- 150 gr mussels
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil
For the muscles:
- Chop garlic and onion.
- In a medium-heated pan, add coconut oil.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Southe the garlic and onions for a few minutes and add the mussels.
- Leave for abt 7 minutes or until the water from the mussels evaporates.
- Add a pinch of salt, black pepper, and lemon.
- Just prepare scrambled eggs, or if you would prefer boiled.
- Chop the avocado and the cucumber.
- In a medium-deep plate or a bowl, start placing the ingredients in small piles.
- I tried to put different colors next to each other, but you can decorate as you wish.
It is a versatile meal idea with quinoa that you can make as rich or protein-like as you wish.