Hello Everyone and Happy Sunday 🙂
The summer is almost over, or it feels like this here in Ireland. I wanted to cook something summerish and as is kind of tomato season, I went for “Mish Mash”- a traditional Bulgarian dish prepared during the summer months. The name means ‘Mess’ as it looks a bit like a mess and is very quickly made 🙂 There are a few variations in different regions in Bulgaria, but I cooked the one with fewer products 🙂 Additionally to the ones below, you can add zukinni and/or aubergine and in some cases minced meat.
Portions: 3 Time to cook: 25-20 min
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 bell peppers
- 300 gr tomatos
- 4 eggs
- 150 white cheese/ feta
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Chop all veggies into cubes ( garlic and onion into very small pieces).
- In a medium top heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and onion and mix well.
- When onion starts changing its color or is soft, add the paprika and keep mixing from time to time to prevent sticking and burning. This is for about 3- 5 minutes until the paprika is almost cooked.
- Add the tomatoes- I just chopped them, but if you want you can blend them for a more smooth result.
- Leave for 5 – 7 minutes until everything is well cooked and there is just a very small amount of water from the tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, mix the eggs in a small bowl.
- Take aside the veggies top and add the eggs. Mix very well and bring back to the oven but reduce the heat.
- Cook until the eggs are well done or as you prefer them 🙂
- Take aside and add the crushed cheese; mix well.
- Add parsley, salt, and black pepper.
- Enjoy 🙂