Happy Friday Everyone 🙂
I wanted to prepare crakers today and decided to try something simple with amaranth. I am not a big fan of this grain as it has a specific taste, and usually, I always use it with rice or quinoa. If you are looking to diversify your meals and add a good punch of nutrition amaranth, is a good one to try, but just a note it has a strong and specific taste 🙂
Servings: 15 Time to prepare: 20 min Time to cook 15 min.
- 200 gr. Amaranth flour or ground Amaranth
- 2 tbsp. ground almonds
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp. ground chia seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 80 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees for 15 min while preparing the crackers.
- If you cant find amaranth flour, you can use a coffee grinderto prepare the amaranth – this is what I usually do with seeds and nuts flours. Just a note of caution depending how powerful your machine, the flour may not be as fine as store bought.
- In a medium bowl mix well all dry ingredients.
- Add the oil and again mix well you should have some crumbs.
- Start adding the water until you receive hard dought mixture. Depending what flouer you are using, self-made flour or from the store, you may need to add a little bit more water.
- You roll it to thin layer and use a cookie cutter to form the crakers or form round shaped crakers with hands.
- Place over a baking sheet in a baking tray.
- Bake for 15 min on 170 degrees.
- Leave aside to cool.
- Enjoy with cheese or a deep