Today will present a soup I started cooking since I have added wheat berries to my monthly menu. It is an easy recipe not needing too many ingredients.
Servings: 4 Total Time to cook 40 min ( without overnight soaking )
- 150 gr wheat berries
- 2 small carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bell pepper
- 50 gr spinach
- 50-70 ml rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. of black pepper
- 1 tsp. dry thyme
- 1 l water
- 1 tsp. yogurt or sour cream
- dry or fresh rosemary
- Leave the wheat berries with 300ml water the day before you will cook the soup.
- Chop the onion, carrots, pepper, and garlic.
- In a medium pot heat olive oil and add the onion and garlic, and saute them for about 5 min or until they start changing their colors.
- Add the paprika and keep mixing for 2- 3 min.
- Add the overnight soaked wheat berries and spinach, and mix well.
- Add the water and leave to boil for about 20- 30 min.
- Take aside and leave to cool.
- Serve with yoghurt and enjoy 🙂
Note: if you forget to soak the wheat berries you can boil them during the day of coking for 30 – 40 min in 300 ml water.