Hello Everyone and Happy Friday:)
Today will share something sweet you can prepare for either breakfast or dessert. I have made it a couple of times during the last few years and more often since last year, as I have included wheat into my monthly meals. I was looking for some variety in grains and this is how I decided to start incorporating wheat grain.
I knew this grain just like wheat grain, but last week while researching found that is actually called a wheat berry, which was interesting for me.
Now here is the recipe-easy and quick( if you don’t count leaving for 24 h the wheat berries 😉 )
Servings: 4; Time to prepare 10 min; Time for the wheat berries (24 h)
- 100 gr wheat/ rye berry
- 2 small apples
- 50-70 gr walnuts
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 100 gr yogurt
- 1-2 whole pieces of walnuts
- 1 tbsp. flax seeds
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
This steps depends how much time you have and if you want the raw verion or to boil the wheatberries.
- For the raw version leave the wheat in 100 ml water the day before you will cook the desert, or 24 hourse. Otherwise, boil for 30- 40 min on medium heat.
- Take out the water from the wheat berries and add to medium bow. If added boiled, you will need to leave it to cool down for 30-40 min.
- Cut the apples into very small cubes and add to the bowl with the wheatberries.
- Add cinnamon, walnuts, flax seeds,ginger, and mix well.
- Add the honey and mix well.
- Add the lemon but this is optional and it should be just a little, it just gives this aromatic taste.
- Serve with a little bit of yogurt for garnish and enjoy.
- If you want to keep it in the fridge, place the honey when you are serving each portion before the yogurt.