Hello and Happy Friday Evening 🙂
For a while, I was experimenting with different recipes using coconut flour for cookies, bread, and brownies. This recipe comes after quite of trials, good and not so good hehe, and some research about coconut flour.
I think this is the best one I have made so far, so decided to write it down.
I wanted to try experiment not just with coconut flour but, adding honey instead of other sugar.
Servings: 18- 20 Time to prepare 15-20 min Time to cook: 25-30 min
- 5 eggs (medium)
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 130-150 gr. almonds
Tip: it is important if you use small, medium or large eggs, as this will reflect on the amount of coconut flour. The last one is very delicate 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. while you prepare the brownie mixture.
- In a medium bowl, sift the coconut flour.
- Sift the cocoa powder in the same bowl as the coconut flour and leave it aside.
- In a second bowl, beat the eggs either with a mixer or by hand with a whisker.
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave for 30- 40 sec., to get very soft -not too hot, if it is hot just wait a minute before adding to the eggs.
- After mixing well, add the other liquid ingredients -honey and milk ( you can use plant-based milk).
- Mix well all liquid ingredients.
- Slowly start adding the dry ingredients until you have mixed very-well everything.
- Chop the almonds add them to the brownie mixture.
- Mix well everything.
- Pour the mixture over a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake for 25-30 min on 160 degrees C. (depending on your oven, may require a minute more, use the toothpick test to see if, is ready 🙂 )
- Wait to cool down and slice into pieces.
- Enjoy with coffee and tea or just like that.
One thought on “Coconut Flour Brownie”