Hello Everyone 🙂
Last week I was preparing dinner and decided to stew some veggies and come up with the idea to try them as a filling to bell peppers. I have cooked peppers before with different stuffings, and my mum usually cooks them with cheese and eggs, but this one is different. It is a cooking experiment like many others of my recipes here 🙂 Usually, the fillings are my dinner on some of the weekdays -plus-minus a veggie.
Servings: 5- 6 Time to prepare 15- 20 min Time to bake 20- 25 min
- 4 bell peppers
- 2 can tuna
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 carrots
- 1 handfull spinach
- 150 gr/ 1 can frozen green pieceor
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs. olive or coconut oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 -2 gloves
- hot sauce
- 1 tsp. flaxseeds
- Chop all veggies without the bell peppers.
- Strain the green piece from the water if using from a can.
- In a preheated pan, place the onion and garlic and leave until it turns golden.
- Add the carrots and green piece and leave for another 3- 5 minutes until they start changing their color.
- Add spinach and tuna fish, mix well and leave for a few minutes.
- Add the spices( if you wish you can add a favorite spice).
- Take aside from the oven and leave for a few minutes.
- Take out the stems and seeds from the bell peppers either with hand or using a small knife. ( be careful if using a sharp object).
- Start filling the bell peppers.
- Leave a small place for the eggs – one of them will be placed in each one at a later stage.
- Place the bell peppers in a small baking tray, so they can stay upright.
- In preheated oven place the filled peppers.
- Leave for about 10 -15 minutes on a 180 degree.
- The peppers should have changed the color, then break one egg in each of the peppers and place it in the oven for another 10 min.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool down.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂