Hello Everyone and Happy Friday 🙂
Today will share a drink I started preparing a couple of years ago and most often since I moved back to Dublin. I love ginger shots and wondering if I could make them myself, but I am not very good at keeping up with a recipe, and every time, they have a slightly different taste. This time I decided to write the proportions down. It is easy, not so quick, maybe because I took my time taking the photos 🙂
I usually always add a fruit – have tried with apple, orange, lemon, and grapefruit, but my favorite is with lemon.
Today, I made it with lemon and orange- two types of ginger shots, but if you don’t like too much the spiciness of the ginger, you can try mixing with two fruits plus the ginger.
Servings: 8- 12 ( depending on if it is a small shot glass or a normal one )
Total Time: 20 min.
- 100 gr ginger
- 250 ml. water
- 80- 100 ml or 2 1/2 fresh lemon juice
For the Orange version:
- replace the lemon with 100 ml freshly squized orange
- Cut the ginger into big pieces and add to a blender cup
- Squiz the juice from 2 to 3 lemons depending on how big they
- Add the water
- Mix with the blender for 1 min
- Strain it with a cheesecloth strainer bag or a mesh sieve strainer
- Taste it 🙂
- You can keep it in a tightly closed bottle in the fridge for about a week
A few more photos:
PS. Something interesting about Ginger – It apperas that you can grow ginger from the one found at grocery stores. A DIY project to try 🙂