Hello Everyone and Happy Sunday,
Hope you are having a nice weekend. Today, I decided to try to experiment with chickpeas, and first I was thinking to prepare crakers but in the end, I made salty cookies or should I say cracker cookies. It is a quick, tasty and healthy recipe 🙂
Servings: 30-35 Total time 45 min
- 2 cans of chickpeas or 400 gr
- 150 Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 2 small egss or 1 big
- pinch of salt
- Drain the chickpeas cans and use a kitchen towel to remove much of the water.
- In a food processor, place the chickpeas and blend for 2 min until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix for another 2-3 min or until a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the eggs and the olive oil and mix again.
- You will receive a sticky mixture.
- Place in a bow and start forming the cookies. ( it is more comfortable than in the blender jar, which is what I used, but if your food processor uses bow , skip this step)
- With your hands, form small rounded pieces. You can choose the size – I made a bite-size and a larger one. I also tried to roll the dought to receive a more even and square formed crakers, but it was a bit too sticky.
- On a tray covered with baking paper, place the crackers cookies.
- Bake for about 20 -25 min in 170 degrees preheated oven.
I think the dought may be suitable for a pizza base; I will try next time 🙂 but now I will enjoy the crackers, which are not going to last too long.