Hello Everyone :),
Today, I am writing about a recipe I started to cook since I lived in Berlin, Germany. I don’t remember how I started, but this salad has been regularly on my monthly menu since then. Although you can guess the main ingredients are rice and tuna fish from the title, what makes it different and so tasty is the combination with basil – plenty of it.
Servings 5 Total Time to cook 30-40 min
- 200 gr basmati rice
- 4 cups of water
- 200 gr tuna fish or 2 cans drained
- 1 medium onion
- 5-7 tsp dry basil or handful of fresh basil
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- fresh chilly
- Rinse the rice, add to a medium pot on high heat, pour the water and bring to boil. Note: check the instruction of the brand you are using as it may be different.
- Let to cook for about 15 – 20 minutes
- Rinse the rice on running water.
- Add the rice, chopped onion, chilly and tuna fish to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the salt, pepper and basil. The basil makes a difference 🙂
Simple, easy and tasty.