Time: 40 min
This is a popular summer meal in Bulgaria. It is made usually during the summer as most of the ingredients are typically seasonal, which had changed over the years as you can find anything in the store these days, with some exceptions.
- 500 gr tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 aubergine
- 25 gr parsley
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black paper
- 150 ml olive oil
Optional Ingredients :
- feta cheese
How to :
- Peel the pumpkin and cut on tiny cubes, or you can blend it for a puree.
- To a preheat saucer pan, add the olive oil and wait abt 2 minutes before adding the pumpkin.
- Fry the pumpkin for about 10 minutes and add the walnuts, cinnamon and honey and stir well.
- Lay one filo sheet on a clean work surface and spread the pumpkin mixture approximately one full spoon from one end into a line. I did from the short end, but you can do with the wider one as well.
- Roll to the other end and cut the roll into pieces as big as you wish. I cut them into four 🙂
- Another option is to spread the pumpkin mixture all over the filo sheet, but keep in mind that it will be more pumpkin in this case.( the big pieces on the photos below)
- Place on a baking tray with baking paper.
- Bake at 170 degrees for about 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool down and garnish with honey or powder sugar.
- Cut all veggies into cubes.
- In a small pan warm half of the olive oil on high heat. Once hot add the aubergine and cook for about 10 min.
- Leave the aubergine aside.
- In a second pan, warm the rest of the olive oil and add the onions, carrots and bell pepper/ paprika and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the aubergine and leave for another 3 min.
- Add the pre-cut tomatoes and leave for another 10 to 15 minutes until the exes water evaporate.
- Pull aside and add the salt, black paprika and parsley
- If you like cheese, add aside and voila, you have a tasty summer meal
2 hours before cooking or the night before, place the cut aubergine with salt so this way will take the bitterness away.