Hello Everyone and Happy Sunday 🙂
The other day, I was looking to prepare some Christmas cookies but didn’t have too much time, and when I looked around what ingredients were in the kitchen, I started to experiment with something very quickly. Wasn’t sure if I wanted more chewy or crispy cookies; in the end, I had soft and chewy, and I am happy with the result and will probably try to redo them by adding more spices.
Servings: 12-15 ; Total Time: 25 min
- 150 gr grated almonds
- 2 tsp. mixed Christmas spices
- 1 tbsp. flax seeds
- 2-3 tbsp. honey ( depend on how sweet you prefer it )
- 2 tbsp. soya yoghurt ( if you prefer, you can use regular yoghurt)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
Tips: if you like Christmas spices, put one or two teaspoons extra 🙂
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Place all liquids in a second small bowl and mix well.
- Add the liquid mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients and mix well.
- You will receive a soft mixture.
- With a spoon, form cookies and place them in a baking tray with peppermint paper.
- Place in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 170 degrees.
- Leave to cool down for a while as the cookies are very soft.
The result is quick, soft and chewy cookies you can enjoy with tea or coffee and like afternoon snacks.